Ordinary Meetings & AGM
The ASNSW holds Ordinary Meetings in most months, on Friday evenings nearest Full Moon. Each Ordinary Meeting will have a guest speaker who is a professional astronomer or other qualified specialist discussing leading-edge developments in astronomy, or members may offer presentations of a varied nature (general interest or recent activities). We maintain a list of Past Guest Speakers.
- The Annual General Meeting is normally held in August each year.
- The talk at the October or November Ordinary Meeting is usually designated "The Gordon Patston Memorial Lecture" in honour of our founder.
- The Astroimaging Section meets separately, with meeting information on the Astroimaging Meetings page.
MEETINGS ARE CURRENTLY BEING HELD ONLINE USING ZOOM.
If you haven't attended a ZOOM meeting yet, there are basic instruction here: How to use Zoom
Some of the talks from meetings in 2020 and 2021 have been recorded. Access the talks at Recordings from Ordinary Meetings.
Notes to Guest Speakers
- Our meeting hall at Epping Creative Centre is equipped with a data projector (VGA and HDMI connections available), loudspeakers and projection screen for use when in-person meetings are held.
- In line with our Anti-Discrimination and Harassment Policy, we have to stipulate that your presentation should not include any content that may cause offence to anyone in the audience.
- Please confirm, when you are booked to speak, if we have permission to record your presentation.
Meeting Hall Details
When it is decided to resume in-person meetings, the meeting venue is:
Epping Creative Centre
26 Stanley Rd